Young Women Scientist Travel Award
The Young Women Scientist Travel Award aims to support outstanding young female scientists by providing scholarship money to attend BGI's 13th Annual International Conference on Genomics (ICG-13) on October 24-28 in Shenzhen, China. The successful applicant will also be offered the opportunity to speak about her research at the ICG-13 satellite Women in Science Conference taking place on October 24, 2018
The Award provides an opportunity for young women researchers to engage with the most eminent international scientists and scholars and serves as a means to promote research and career development of women in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
What is Offered:
Each successful applicant is offered complimentary registration to ICG-13 and the satellite Women in Science Conference.
Complementary Travel and Hotel costs as follows:
1. An economy-class flight up to $1,500 USD
2. Travel to and from the airport to the conference (For Shenzhen applicants, transport covers Metro, Bus and/or Taxi tickets)
3. Hotel for 5 nights.
Who Can Apply:
Female scientists who are PhD students or Post-Doctoral Fellows.
Award winners MUST be able to attend the 4th Annual Women in Science Conference (October 24, 2018 and at least 3 days of ICG-13).
Application submission is now: Open
Application submission deadline: August 15, 2018
Notification of receiving Young Women Scientist Travel Award: September 1, 2018
How to Apply:
Applicants should send the following information to the ICG Organizing Committee via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Application Form and your CV
2. A scanned copy of passport (for overseas applicants) or identity card (for domestic applicants)
3. A scanned copy of student ID (for students only)
4. A scanned copy of the highest degree certificate, e.g., diploma
5. For domestic applicants: a scanned copy of employment/university registration certificate or any company/institution supporting letter with company stamp.
6. Scanned copies of additional documents to support application information as needed.
Applications will be assessed by a judging panel including Women in Science Conference organizer Laurie Goodman, Editor-in-Chief of GigaScience, the Women in Science Conference Keynote Speaker, and 4 representatives of ICG-13 Session Chairs.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed upon completion of the ICG-13 conference. Travel receipts MUST be provided to the ICG-13 Organizing Committee for reimbursement.
For Overseas Applicants: The scanned copies of travel receipts may be submitted to the conference organizers at the end of ICG-13, or submitted by email to: email@example.com
For Domestic Applicants: The original travel receipts may be submitted to the conference organizers at the end of ICG-13, or submitted by mail to: 深圳市盐田区北山工业区11栋 华大基因二办 公共传播部（收） 联系方式：+86 (755) 3630 7214